1. Jargon jargon jargon. We spent the session shooting bare bow at bosses with recurve bows at half Olympic distance, wearing bracers and tabs. Draw! Fast! Come down! Obey the Field Captain!
2. My posture is not as awful as I worried it would be, but I do have a tendency to bend back at the hips like an archer at Crécy doing a formation volley aimed way, way down the battlefield.
3. Archery is the Art of Repetition.
4. Archery is the Art of Repetition.
5. We will continue to learn that Archery is the Art of Repetition every week until we get the message, and beyond.
6. My shots tend to land above and to the left of my aiming point, and as long as it’s consistent this is nothing to be ashamed of.
7. You think that arm’s straight? It’s not straight.
8. Arrows bouncing off the boss are nothing to be ashamed of either.
9. I’m right-handed but left-eye dominant, which means I can shoot any which way I fancy.
10. But that doesn’t mean I can shoot right-handed and aim with my left eye. (This happened in a momentary lapse of concentration and I put an arrow in the extreme edge of the boss to my left. Oops.)